top of page

Renter's Insurance

Renters insurance coverage is designed for residents who rent an apartment, a condo, or a home to cover belongings in the case of accidental damage or covered losses such as fire or theft. Renters insurance can help you replace stolen or damaged items – whether they’re in your home or with you when you travel.

Renters Insurance Does Not Cover

· Property damage to your buildings, roof, and siding (these are covered by your landlord)

· Water damage caused by flooding or underground water

· Damage caused by earth movements, such as earthquakes and landslides


Renters Insurance Does Cover - Personal Property

From mobile phones and tablets to indoor and outdoor furniture, renters insurance may cover losses from:

     · Accidents: impacts from vehicle, falling objects that hit your property, fire, smoke, water damage from plumbing or appliances

     · Weather impacts: weight of snow, sleet, or ice; lightning, windstorms, hail, and water damage from freezing of plumbing systems

     · Malicious mischief: vandalism, theft, riots or civil commotion

Special coverage limits apply to certain types of personal property, including:

     · Boats and other watercraft equipment

     · Money, bank notes, and coins (including collections)

     · Property used or intended for use in a business

     · Securities, checks, travelers checks, gift cards, phone cards

     · Stamps, trading cards, and comic books (including collections)

     · Theft losses of jewelry, furs, firearms, silverware and goldware, rugs, tapestries, and wall hangings


A renters insurance policy covers liability you may have in the event of a covered claim which causes bodily injury or property damage. It may also provide payment for legal defense against any covered claims or lawsuits.

You may also be covered for medical expenses (up to the limits in the policy) for people on your premises who are injured in an accident.

Loss of Use

When your home is damaged and you’re unable to live in it due to an insured loss, this coverage provides additional living expenses for the shortest time needed to repair (or replace) the premises, or for the people in your household to settle in another home for up to 24 months.


Policy Features

Download Here

bottom of page